Organisation : Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
Post Name : BPCL Recruitment 2018 – General Workman-B (Trainee)
Number of Vacancy : 44
Applicable For : Indian Male Candidates
Advertisement Number : KR.HR.HRD.03.NMGT.RECT
Location : Kochi Refinery
Application Start Date : 28.05.2018
Application Closing Date : 11.06.2018
Website : https://www.bharatpetroleum.com/careers/current-openings.aspx
Notification : http://www.indianin.org/wp-content/uploads/pdf2018/1691BPCL.pdf
|If you have any questions on this post, please ask. Go to bottom of this page to comment.|
- 1 BPCL Recruitment – General Workman – B
- 2 Posts & Reservations
- 3 Pay & Benefits
- 4 Age Limit
- 5 Educational Qualification / Work Experience
- 6 Selection Methodology
- 7 How To Apply
- 8 Important Instructions
BPCL Recruitment – General Workman – B
BPCL invites applications from young, energetic and bright Indian male candidates meeting the following eligibility criteria and other parameters for the anticipated posts mentioned below in Kochi Refinery.
Posts & Reservations
|Name of Post||Grade & Pay Scale||Anticipated posts||No. of Posts reserved Category – Wise|
|General Workman-B (Trainee)–Chemical||Grade I ₹ 11500-20000||30||3||8||19|
|General Workman-B (Trainee)–Mechanical||Grade I ₹ 11500-20000||12||1||3||8|
|General Workman-B (Trainee)–Instrumentation||Grade I ₹ 11500-20000||2||–||–||2|
1 post each is reserved for Orthopedically and Hearing Handicapped candidates (PwBD) meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
** Although the posts notified are for Kochi Refinery, the Corporation reserves the right to offer initial posting/subsequent transfer post appointment to any other location of BPCL, based on the business requirement from time to time.
Pay & Benefits
** The selected candidates will be placed in Grade I in the pay scale of Rs 11500-20000.
** In addition to Basic Pay, the appointed candidates will also be entitled for other benefits/allowances as applicable.
** Minimum 18 years and maximum 30 years as on 01.05.2018
Upper Age Relaxable :
** General candidates, upper age relaxable by 5 years for SC and 3 years for OBC(NCL) candidates against the indicative reserved posts.
** PwBDs with degree of disability not less than 40% will be given age relaxation up to 10 years
Educational Qualification / Work Experience
|Name of Post
|Post Qualification Experience|
|General Workman-B (Trainee) – CHEMICAL
|First Class Diploma in Chemical Engineering/Technology
with 60% marks
|Should have minimum one year post qualification experience in a Refining/ Petroleum/ Power/ Lube/ Petrochemical/ Fertilizer Industry
One year apprenticeship in a Refining/ Petroleum/ Power/ Lube/ Petrochemical/ Fertilizer Industry.
|General Workman-B (Trainee) – MECHANICAL
|First Class Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
with 60% marks
|General Workman-B (Trainee) – INSTRUMENTATION
|First Class Diploma in Instrument Technology OR Instrumentation & Control OR Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
with 60% marks
|First class with 60% marks in Engineering Diploma is relaxed to 50% marks for SC/OH/HH candidates.
** Candidates possessing higher qualification than Diploma in Engineering level qualification such as AMIE / B.E. / B.Tech. or similar/equivalent/other higher qualification, need not apply.
** For the post of General Workman-B (Trainee)- Chemical, candidates having Diploma in Engineering in any other discipline
** For the post of General Workman-B (Trainee)- Mechanical, candidates having Diploma in Engineering in any other discipline
** For the post of General Workman-B (Trainee)- Instrumentation, candidates having Diploma in Engineering in any other discipline
** Candidates currently working in any other Unit/Joint Venture/Subsidiary of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. will not be considered.
Selection methodology will comprise of the following :
Stage 1 – Written Test
** Shortlisted candidates based on the merit order percentage marks of Diploma in Engineering, will be called for Written Test.
** The written test will assess the candidates on their technical acumen and generic aptitude including quantitative aptitude, reasoning abilities, general awareness and basic English language skills.
** Written Test will be conducted at Kochi. No request for change in date of test or test centers etc. will be entertained for any reason whatsoever.
Stage 2 – Skill Test
** Candidates qualifying in the written test as per the cut-off marks decided by the Corporation will be called for Skill Test which will be held at Kochi.
** Skill Test shall be of ‘qualifying nature’ only.
** Selected candidates should meet all the notified eligibility conditions and final Selection will be subject to the selected candidates clearing document/certificate verification.
Stage 3 – Pre-Employment Medical Test
** Final appointment of candidates will be subject to their meeting Medical Fitness norms & standards as per BPCL Pre-Employment Medical Examination / Medical standards as per Oil Industry Safety Directorate (OISD).
How To Apply
Eligible candidates may apply online from 28.05.2018 (10:00 hrs) onwards to 11.06.2018(17:00 hrs) through the link available on BPCL Website.
Step 1 : Go to the official website, click on “careers” tab in main menu, click on “Current Openings” option in drop down list.
Step 2 : Current opening page will be opened, click on “Click Here Apply Online” link, Application form will be opened.
Step 3 : Enter the following details, to fill the application form
1. Select Your Job Code* [Mechanical]
2. Select Your Qualification* [DME]
3. Select Your Category* [OBC]
4. Select [Yes/ No] Are you a person with Disabilities (PwBD) with 40% or more disability?*
5. Select [Yes/ No] Whether Ex-serviceman*
6. Select [Yes/ No] Domiciled in J&K state (between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989)*
7. Select your Gender* [Male/Female]
8. Enter Your Date of Birth* [22/05/2000]
9. Upload your Photo*
Educational Qualifications :
1. Select Month & Year of passing the qualifying Diploma* [April/2000]
2. Select Duration of course* [3 years]
3. Select Mode of study* [Full time]
4. Select your Percentage in qualifying Diploma [65%]
5. Select your Class/Division (First Class, Second Class, Pass)* [First Class]
6. Enter Your Additional Qualifications* [Yes/No]
Personal Details :
1. Enter Your Name* [M.Arun] (As appeared in SSLC/SSC/Matriculation)
2. Enter Your Email Id* [firstname.lastname@example.org]
3. Enter Your Re-enter Email Id* [email@example.com]
4. Alternate Email id [firstname.lastname@example.org]
5. Select Your Nationality* [Indian]
6. Enter Your Aadhar Card Number [2569 2587 3587](pl. enter 12 digit Aadhar Number)
7. Select Your Religion* [Christian/Hindu/Muslim]
8. Select your Mother tongue* [Tamil]
9. Select Your Home State* [Tamil Nadu]
10. Select Marital Status* [Married/Un Married]
11. Enter Your Father’s Name* [Irudhaya Raj]
12. Enter Your Father’s Occupation [Driver]
13. Enter Your Mother’s Name* [Uma]
14. Enter Your Mother’s Occupation [House Wife]
15. Enter Your Address for Correspondence*(excluding Post Office, City, District, State & Pin Code) [No 18 Anna Nagar 600040]
16. Enter Your Post Office* [Anna Nagar]
17. Enter Your District* [Chennai]
18. Enter Your City* [Chennai]
19. Select State/Union Territory* [Tamil Nadu]
20. Enter Your Pin Code* 
21. Enter Your Mobile No* 
22. Re-enter Your Mobile Number* 
23. Enter Your Landline/Alternate Number(if landline, including STD Code)
24. Select [Yes/No] Whether you are currently working in any other SBU/Joint Venture/Subsidiary of BPCL*
25. Select [Yes/No] Do you have minimum 1 year post qualification experience/apprenticeship training in Refining/ Petroleum/ Power/ Lube/ Petrochemical/ Fertilizer Industry*
26. Enter Your Nearest Railway Station*
27. Select [yes/no] Whether erstwhile Kochi Refinery Project Evictee*
28. Click Declaration box
29. Click on submit button.
** There is no application fee.
** All applicants should have a valid/active email id which should be kept active till this recruitment process is over.
** Candidates who submit more than one application will be disqualified.
Candidates are required to submit the self-attested copies of the following documents at the time of appearing for the written test along with the ADMIT CARD
List of Documents
** Print of PDF Application Form with photograph affixed and self-attested.
** Diploma in Engineering certificate & Consolidated Mark List.
** Experience/Apprenticeship Certificate
** Caste/Community certificate
** Disability Certificate
** Relieving letter in respect of Ex-Servicemen candidates
Candidates who qualify in the written test and shortlisted for Skill Test, would be required to submit originals and self-attested copies of the following documents along with the originals of the above mentioned documents.
** Birth Certificate issued by Local Administration.
** SSLC/SSC/Matriculation pass certificate along with marksheet.
** HSC/12th pass certificate alongwith marksheet
** Consolidated Mark List / Mark List of all semesters/years of the Engineering Diploma course.
** Certificate of additional qualification
** Experience Certificate
** No Objection Certificate from present employer, if applicable.
** Proof of Domicile.