Organisation : National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology NCHMCT
Recruitment Name : National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET) 2023
Application Last Date : 7.10.2023
Website : https://nhtet-nchm.in/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
NCHM NHTET National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test
NHTET is a scheme to filter the best among the better to declare them eligible for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHMCT affiliated IHMs. However, the candidate qualifies NHTET and declared eligible for Assistant Lecturer will have the only right to apply against any vacancy, if announced by NCHMCT’s affiliated IHMs, either of Government sector, PSU owned or Private sector.
Related / Similar Recruitment : WBBPE TET Teacher Eligibility Test
The NHTET qualified candidate will not have any right of automatic induction in NCHMCT’s affiliated IHMs. They have to face a separate selection process for getting selected as Assistant lecturer or Teaching Associates.
Eligibility of NHTET
1. Full time Bachelor’s Degree (not on ODL mode) in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management/ Culinary Art after 10+2 from a recognized University/ Institute with at least 55% marks and at least 2 years Hospitality Industry Experience after obtaining Degree (6 months IT is part of Courses, not to be considered as experience for this purpose).
Full time Master’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management/ Culinary Art with at least 55% marks from a recognized University/ Institute after full time Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma (not on ODL mode) for minimum of 3 years duration after 12th from a recognised Board (the diploma for which pre-requisite minimum qualification fixed by the Regulator viz NCHMCT/AICTE/SBTE/Recognised University, is 12th pass only and not 10th) in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management/ Culinary Art from a recognized University/ Institute with at least 55% marks.
2. Candidates having full time Bachelor Degree (not on ODL mode) in Hospitality/ Hotel Administration/ Management/ Culinary Art with 55% or more marks in aggregate and thereafter appeared in the final semester (i.e. in 4th Semester)/ final year exam of the master’s degree for which the result will be declared within 2 months from the date of NHTET exam and have passed all subjects of previous year/ semesters, can also apply.
It may be noted that the candidates who are in 2nd ear (3rd Semester) of their Master’s Degree in Hospitality or even appeared in final semester but there is any paper back in earlier semester, are not eligible to apply.
3. Age should not be more than 35 years. Relaxation of age by 5 years for those belong to SC/ST/PD categories, 3 years for those belong to OBC categories is applicable as per rules. The maximum age in NHTET to be held from January to May, will be reckoned as on 31st July of the same year.
Similarly maximum age in NHTET to be held from July to October, will be reckoned as on 31st December of the same year in following manner:
(TA – Teaching Associates. AL – Assistant Lecturer)
** General and EWS Categories – TA 30 years, AL 35 years.
** OBC Category- TA 33 years, AL 38 Years.
** SC/ST and PD Categories- TA 35 years, AL 40 years.
Therefore, the candidates belong to General category and EWS category as well as fulfilling the age criteria of 35 years as on cut-off date, belong to OBC category as well as fulfilling the age criteria of 38 years and belong to SC/ ST/ PD category as well as fulfilling the age criteria of 40 years, will be eligible to apply.
On passing the NHTET, they will be allowed to apply against any vacancy of AL (of which, maximum age is 35 years with relaxation for reserved candidates as stated above) and for the post of TA (of which, maximum age is 30 years with relaxation for reserved candidates as stated above).
How to Apply for NHTET?
1. Candidate should go through the details of the Brochure and see the requirement to fill the application form on-line in the portal https://nchm.gov.in. There will be two windows available in the portal- one will be in the name of “Generic” is for the candidates qualified with General Hospitality/ Hotel Management/ Administration and another will be in the name of “F&B Specialisation” for the candidates qualified with Culinary Art/ Science.
2. Candidate have to pay the Application Fee through Banking Payment Gateway by using Debit/ Credit Card or by using UPI or other options available in the link.
3. Scan copy of passport size photograph in the required resolution and required pixel should be maintained to upload that in the application.
4. Scan copy of one of the valid ID card in the required resolution and required pixel will also be required to upload in the application. ID card can be Adhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving Licence and Passport.
5 Scan copy of the signature of the candidate in the required resolution and required pixel also be required to upload in the application.
6. All the information so filled by a candidate should be correct and spellings should also be correct.
7. Mobile number and the e-mail id should be valid, since authentication will be done through mail id.
8. Candidate has to follow the schedule of events, since no separate communication will be made by the Council to the individual Candidate.
9. Candidates not having Post Graduation Degree in Hospitality, need to fill the details of experience at least of two years in the Hospitality Industry (established Hotel, registered with Govt. or classified or other Hospitality Industry) after obtaining the Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality.
The information should be correct and factual and having documentary proof. Industrial Training done to complete the degree/ Diploma, will not be counted as experience. The experience mentioned in application, will be recorded in the NHTET certificate on the event of qualifying the exam.
Therefore, in case of false information about Experience during NHTET, and subsequently the candidate fails to present the same experience certificate from the same Hotel or Industry as mentioned in the NHTET Certificate, during their selection in any IHM, it will be treated under ‘falsification of the Information’ and the NHTET Certificate will be cancelled at once with debarment of next two chance from applying for NHTET.
Apply Online here : https://nhtet-nchm.in/register
Application fee of NHTET
** ON- LINE APPLICATION FEE : Rs.800/- for General/ EWS /OBC categories(male candidates only)
** And Rs.400/- for all female and transgender candidates as well as SC/ST/PD categories (fee can be revised in future NHTET)
** To be submitted along with the print out of the confirmation copy of the duly filled in and on line submitted application form.
Download Recruitment Notification Here : https://www.indianin.org/uploads-new/pdf2023/4226-NHTET.pdf
Mailing of Print out of the filled in application form :
After online submission of the form, the candidate will be able to get print out of his/ her filled in application form. The same should be sent to the Council either by post or in person addressed to “Director (A & F), National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, A 34, Sector 62, Noida – 201309 (UP). No other document needs to attach. Candidate must send the confirmation sheet to NCHMCT by a recorded post only (Speed Post or Registered Post).