Organisation : Police Department Government Of Puducherry
Recruitment Name : Home Guard (Male) Recruitment -2023
Number of Vacancies : 420
Application Last Date : 29th November 2023
Apply Online here : https://recruitment.py.gov.in/
Website : https://police.py.gov.in/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Puducherry Police Home Guard Recruitment
Applications are invited for the enrollment of Home Guard (Male) from the Residents of the Union Territory of Puducherry as detailed below:-
Sl.No. | Region | No. of Enrollment
1 Puducherry 290
2 Karaikal 68
3 Mahe 37
4 Yanam 25
Eligibility of Home Guard Puducherry
i) Pass in Standard 10 or its equivalent.
ii) Should be domicile of Puducherry Union Territory.
Should have completed the age of 18 yrs, and should not have crossed the age of 50 yrs as on 29/11/2023.
Those who are natives of Union Territory of Puducherry or residents by continuous residence in the U.T. for the last 5 years immediately preceding the date of notification only are eligible to apply for enrollment of Home Guard. The applicants on selection should furnish the fresh Nativity/Residence Certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar at the time of Certificate verification
Method Of Recruitment for Home Guard
The enrollment will be made through different stages of selection process as detailed below:-
(i) Physical Standard Test :
Height Not less than 165 cms.
Chest 81-86 cms. with minimum expansion of 5 cms.
Weight Body Mass Index (BMI) should be 18.50 to 29.9 kg/M²
(ii) Physical Efficiency Test :
I 800 meters run 2 minutes and 50 seconds
II Long Jump 3.80 meters
III High Jump 1.20 meters
IV 100 meters run 20 seconds
APPEAL: The appeal made by any candidate on the same day of the Physical Standard Test / Physical Efficiency Test will be examined and decided by the Committee constituted for this purpose.
(i) All the above events are compulsory.
(ii) Each stage is qualifying stage by itself for the next stage i.e. only the candidates who qualify in the Physical Standard Test will be eligible to the Stage I of the Physical Efficiency Test and so on.
(iii) Three chances will be given to qualify in the long jump and high jump only.
iii) Written Test (100 Marks) :
(i) All candidates who qualify the physical standard and physical efficiency test shall undergo a written test. The questions will be of SSLC standard of objective type. The test will be of 2 hours with maximum of 100 marks questions.
Sl. No. | Subject | Max. Marks
1 Mathematics and General Science 25 (Twenty Five)
2 History,Geography & Civics 25 (Twenty Five)
3 General Knowledge & Current Events 50 (Fifty)
Total 100 (Hundred)
Important Dates of Home Guard Puducherry
Online Application System To Start: 30.10.2023 -10.00 A.M. to
Last Date and time for submission of online application : 29.11.2023 – 05.45 P.M.
How To Apply for Home Guard?
Applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above may apply through online only from the website https://recruitment.py.gov.in from 30-10-2023 (10.00 am) to 29-11-2023 (05.45 pm). ONCE THE APPLICATION IS NO SHALL BE SUBMITTED CHANGE REQUEST FOR OF ANY DATA ENTERTAINED AT ANY COST AFTER 29.11.2023 (05.45PM). ALL ARE REQUESTED TO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHILE FILLING UP THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
The enrolment of Home Guards is purely voluntary in nature governed under the Home Guards Act, 1965 and Puducherry Home Guards Rules, 1966.
General Instructions To The Candidates for Home Guard
Applicants should read the following instructions carefully before applying:
1. Mode of applying for Enrollment /Engagement to the Honorary post of Home Guard is only through online.
2. Avoid registering multiple online applications and register only a single application. All multiple online applications will be cancelled.
3. Photograph & Signature uploading:
Applicants shall upload their Photograph and Signature using either option 1 (or) option 2 provided in the recruitment portal as given below:-
Option 1 (Scanned Photograph and Signature as a single image)
Applicants are instructed to scan their recent passport size colour photograph & signature in an A4 sheet with 200 DPI resolution, dimensions should be minimum of 600 x 600 pixel and the file size should be less than 150KB. (as shown in guidelines video for uploading and cropping your photograph and signature during online application)
Option 2 (Scanned Photograph and Signature as separate images)
Applicants are instructed to scan their Photograph in JPEG format with 238 x 306 pixel dimension and the file size should be less than 50KB. Signature file format should be JPEG, dimensions should be 350 x 150 pixel and file size should be less than 30KB
4. The applicants have to register with their Mobile Number in the online portal “https://recruitment.py.gov.in” for applying through online. Then they will be receiving Username and Password through SMS in the mobile number provided while registration. Thereafter, the applicants have to login into the online portal using the Username and Password for applying to the post of Home Guard.
5. The applicants are also advised to change the default Password received in their mobile at first login. It is the applicant’s responsibility to take ownership of the password and should not be disclosed to anyone. Otherwise the liabilities arose upon will be the applicant’s risk.
6. The applicants will be allowed to view, print & check the status of their application and download the Admit card by login into the online portal using the username and password they received in their mobile number. Hence, they are advised to keep the user name and password safe for future reference until the selection process is over.
7. The applicant, after applying, can also make corrections in their online application, if any error occurred while entering the data. They are allowed to avail this facility till 05.45 p.m. on 29.11.2023. If edited, the candidates need to resubmit their application.
8. The information / data furnished by the applicants in the online application are final and cannot be altered after the last date for applying i.e. 29.11.2023(05.45 pm)
9. The applicants are advised to have a copy of the online generated application for their reference.
10. Certificates are required to be produced by the provisionally short-listed candidates after the notification of results of the examination, only at the time of Certificate Verification.
Detailed Recruitment Notification Download here : https://www.indianin.org/uploads-new/pdf2023/4362-hg.pdf