Organisation : Staff Selection Commission SSC
Recruitment Name : Constable General Duty (GD) Recruitment 2023
Qualification : Passed 10th Class
Number of Vacancies : 75768
Application Last Date : 28-12-2023
Website : https://ssc.nic.in/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
- 1 SSC Constable (General Duty) Recruitment
- 2 Pay Scale of SSC Constable (General Duty)
- 3 Vacancies of SSC Constable (General Duty)
- 4 Age Limit of SSC Constable (General Duty)
- 5 Educational Qualifications of SSC Constable (General Duty)
- 6 How to Apply for Constable (General Duty)?
- 7 Application Fee of SSC Constable (General Duty)
- 8 Important Dates of SSC Constable (General Duty)
SSC Constable (General Duty) Recruitment
The Staff Selection Commission will conduct an open competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles (AR) and Sepoy in NIA (National Investigation Agency) as per the Recruitment Scheme formulated by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and as per the Memorandum of Understanding signed between Ministry of Home Affairs and the Staff Selection Commission.
Related / Similar Recruitment : AHD Andhra Pradesh Recruitment 2023 Animal Husbandry Assistant
Pay Scale of SSC Constable (General Duty)
Pay Level – 1(Rs. 18,000 to 56,900) for the post of Sepoy in NIA and Pay Level-3 (Rs. 21,700-69,100) for all others posts.
Vacancies of SSC Constable (General Duty)
The details of vacancies are as follows:
Force Male Female Total
Part – I :
BSF 24806 3069 27875
CISF 7877 721 8598
CRPF 22196 3231 25427
SSB 4839 439 5278
ITBP 2564 442 3006
AR 4624 152 4776
SSF 458 125 583
Part – II :
Total : 75768
Age Limit of SSC Constable (General Duty)
18-23 years as on 01-08-2023. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02-08-2000 and later than 01-08-2005 in normal course. However, after relaxation of three (03) years in upper age.
NOTE: THERE IS NO AGE RELAXATION FOR UR/EWS CANDIDATES.
Permissible relaxations in upper age limit for different categories are as under:
01. SC/ ST 5 years
02. OBC 3 years
03. Ex-Servicemen 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
04. Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved) 5 years
05. Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC) 8 years
06. Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST) 10 years
Educational Qualifications of SSC Constable (General Duty)
1. The candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
2. Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as on the stipulated date will not be eligible and need not apply.
3. As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission.
Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
How to Apply for Constable (General Duty)?
1. Applications must be submitted in online mode at the official website of the Commission i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I and Annexure-II of this Notice. Sample Performa of One-time Registration and online Application Form are attached as Annexure-IA and Annexure-IIA respectively.
2. In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned color passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and frontal view of the face should be visible.
3. Last date and time for submission of online applications is 29-12-2023 (23:00).
4. Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
5. The Commission will not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.
6. Before submission of the online application, candidates must check that they have filled correct details in each field of the form. After submission of the online application form, no change/ correction/ modification will be allowed under any circumstances. Requests received in this regard in any form like Post, Fax, Email, by hand, etc. shall not be entertained.
Application Fee of SSC Constable (General Duty)
1. Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only).
2. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
3. Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or through cash in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
4. Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 29-12-2023 (23:00 hours). However, candidates who wish to make the cash payment through Challan of SBI, may make the payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of the bank up to 29-12-2023 provided the Challan has been generated by them before 28-12-2023 (23:00 hours).
5. Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been deposited with SSC. If the fee is not received by SSC, status of Application Form is shown as ‘Incomplete’ and this information is printed on the top of the Application Form printout. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the ‘Payment Status” link provided in the candidate’s login screen.
Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the period specified in the Notice of Examination shall be entertained.
6. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
Important Dates of SSC Constable (General Duty)
Dates for submission of online applications 24-11-2023 to 28-12-2023
Last date and time for receipt of online applications 28-12-2023 (23:00)
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan 28-12-2023(23:00)
Last date and time for making online fee payment 29-12-2023(23:00)
Last date for payment through Challan (during Working hours of Bank) 29-12-2023
Schedule of Computer Based Examination February, 2024
Detailed Recruitment Notification Download here : https://www.indianin.org/uploads-new/pdf2023/4417-ssc.pdf